Virgin Money London Marathon 2016
Sunday 24 April 2016
Minimum Sponsorship: ?2,500
The Virgin Money London Marathon is one of the world’s greatest sporting events and part of the world’s marathon majors alongside the Boston, Berlin, Chicago and New York Marathons.
Applying for a Samaritans guaranteed place
Each year, we receive many applications from our dedicated and passionate supporters but only have a limited amount of spaces. We make our decision on Team Samaritans runners by the information you provide in your application .
Please tell us why you want to run for Samaritans, including as much detail as you can about how you’ll achieve your fundraising target. Charity applications for the 2016 London Marathon are now open. Please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.
Virgin Money London Marathon public ballot
The 2016 Virgin Money London Marathon public ballot will open on Monday 4 May. If you are planПing on applying for a ballot place, you can still apply for one of our charity places as well, by filling in the form below. If you are successful in gaiПing a ballot place, we can then release your Samaritans charity place. As an own place runner, there is no minimum fundraising target, all we ask is that you aim to raise something to help support our services and you still receive all the same #TeamSamaritans benefits as a charity placed runners.
Why join #TeamSamaritans?
As a Samaritans runner we will make sure you have a special ‘Team Samaritans’ experience, whether you are a ballot place or charity placed runner, with extra support and lots of fun from joiПing the team! The support you receive will include the following:
- A #TeamSamaritans welcome pack
- Fundraising materials
- A High quality runПing vest with your name printed on the front
- An online giving page created on your behalf
- A dedicated point of contact throughout your entire journey
- An exclusive post-marathon event with a complimentary massage, shower and goody bag
- Team social events, including a launch event at our Central London Branch
- Help and advice from our Press Team, such as publicity in your local area to include press releases
- Regular e-mail newsletters
- Various cheering sites along the race route and cheering materials for friends and family
- Supporter t-shirts for your family and friends
- A personalised certificate to mark your fundraising achievements
- A private #TeamSamaritans Facebook page where you can interact with other runners and share your stories and traiПing tips.